National Officers' Blog

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Writings from Regina

Here we go.....my first blog. I am not really sure how this works, so bear with me. For the last 3 weeks we have been training here in Indianapolis. The staff is fantastic and if you ever get a chance to meet them, do it. My teammates are a blast. There is never a dull moment. We get super excited when we get to talk about meeting each of you this year. Last week Riley, Nessie, and I had a chance to visit the Lebabon FFA Chapter in Indiana. The school was great and the Ag Teacher Mr. Ernest is an inspiration for everyone. He has a great love and passion for not only his students, but agricultural education and FFA. The announcement was also made on December 11 that the National FFA Convention would rotate on a 3 year basis beginning in 2013 with Louisvile and rotating back to Indianapolis for the years 2016-2018, and the list goes on. The city life is certainly different from the farm life of home. I am having to adjust to this cold weather..bbbrrr..... It has snowed every day almost! I am not complaining though. We don't have snow at home, in fact it was 80 degrees yesterday back home. I really like the snow!!!!!Hang tight, I head back home this weekend, and I would love for you to see a little bit about where I live and what I do in my down time. I will have some pics and video uploaded soon (I would love to do it now, but I haven't learned how to do that yet). Until then, have a wonderful holiday season.

2 Comments:

At January 12, 2009 at 8:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Regina,
I am Laura Elberth from the NYS FFA Association. I would just like to thank you for coming to Delaware and teaching an awesome workshop! I had a wonderful time and hope you did too! I cant wait to see you in only a few weeks!! I now you are going to love New York!! oh and you might want to bring some really warm clothing if you are having trouble in Indie, cuz camp "o" is very cold, ( i am talking like the negatives cold) but is oh so very beautiful!! Have a great few weeks until you get to come see us!!! Thanks again for a great time in delaware and cool new experience!!

Sincerly,
Laura Elberth
District 2 President
NYS FFA Association

 
At January 22, 2009 at 2:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regina, I would be as exited as you are about snow falls, and all those "cold weather things". Moreover when I have never had the experience to be in temperatures colder than 40's (Indianapolis this fall). Actually me and my family went to the beach in Christmas vacations down here in Puerto Rico and the sand, sun and water were wonderful. Hope you a great time. Blessings. Have fun!!

Ivan

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home