National Officers' Blog

Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Start of the Beginning!

Howdy FFA Members!

I hope all is going well, I am sitting here in the National FFA Center and I am being taught how to post blogs! I hope all is well with each of you.


Our team has been in Indianapolis for the past few weeks preparing for this next year. One of the highlights from these past few weeks has been working with the staff here at the National FFA Center. Each of the staff members are so passionate about their jobs, and enjoy working for the members of National FFA.

Several things have been happening over the past few weeks. Regina, Nessie, and I had the opportunity to meet members from the Lebanon FFA chapter. The three of us each presented workshops, and we got to go to lunch with some of the Lebanon FFA members. There were many fun members including Kurt, Carlee, and their Ag Teacher Mr. Ernest!


Laila, Nessie, and I also traveled to Louisville, Kentucky to hold a press conference to announce the 2013-2015 National FFA Convention Site. (If you haven’t heard 2013-2015 is Louisville, KY, then 2016-12018 is in Indianapolis!) This event was awesome because there were many FFA members from many different chapters across the state in attendance. It was also great to meet most of the Kentucky State Officer Team: Quint, T.J., Keitha, Megan, Derek, Ashlee, James, and Sarah!

Our team will be leaving Indianapolis soon to go home for the holiday. Soon after New Year’s we will return to Indianapolis.

We have many great miles ahead of us, and all six of us are looking forward to it. I hope you have a Happy Holiday, with no coal in your stocking or Grinch in your fireplace!

-Riley


Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else. ~Judy Garland








1 Comments:

At January 12, 2009 at 8:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Riley,
I am Laura Elberth from the NY FFA Association. I just wanted to say thank you for coming to Delaware and presenting an awesome workshop! I had a really good time and hope you did too! I really enjoyed getting to meet you and talk to you! I hope that Texas state can hold its own with out you!!lol, maybe their cheerleaders wont set off any fire alarms at 5:45am!! that was tons of fun!! I hope to see you soon at some really cool ffa event, and have a great exciting year!!

Sincerely,
Laura Elberth
District 2 President
NYS FFA Association

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home