National Officers' Blog

Monday, February 16, 2009

Only 3 more days…

Only 3 more days…

It comes around once a year and all of your friends and family know that it is coming. You get really excited and anxiously wait for it to come. You count down the days even. What is it? It’s your birthday! In three day it will be my 21st birthday, and I am so excited for it to come!

I am very excited to get to spend my birthday with my team! Right now, the team is in Nashville, IN at a team retreat. At this retreat we are planning conferences like NLCSO, National Leadership Conference for State Officers and SPC, State President’s Conference.
In school, I could always tie my birthday to a couple of things. In junior high, I knew that we would be off for Presidents Day and parent teacher conferences. However, the basketball team would always have practice, so I would have to still wake up early! On my birthday at that! As an FFA member, I could always count on my birthday being around or during National FFA Week.

I spent my first birthday as an FFA member in the ag building all day long! We got released to participate in FFA Week events. We started the morning of my birthday serving breakfast to the faculty. That is such a special memory for me. I had great ag teachers to help us create awesome ideas to serve our school and community. FFA Week is a prime opportunity to showcase FFA.



What are some things that your chapter does to celebrate FFA Week?
-Laila

1 Comments:

At February 17, 2009 at 5:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funk said that we celebrate what FFA is all about.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home