National Officers' Blog

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Hannah's Happenings - Parkers Prairie FFA Banquet

Hello! Hope you all are enjoying some spring-like weather wherever you are. It will be here soon, or so I'm told... ;)

Once Riley and I wrapped up our partnership tour in Cleveland, I hit the airport to head out to Minnesota for a chapter banquet. I was met at the airport in Minneapolis by Derek, Katie and Caitlyn (MN State Officers), but not met by my luggage! No worries though, it caught up with me at the hotel later in the evening. While we I was waiting on it to come, the officers were nice enough to grab dinner with me and tell me all about their state, FFA in MN and the University of Minnesota. I had such a great time with them and I was happy to wait on my luggage with such good company. :)

On Saturday night, I met back up with Katie, Caitlyn and Mr. Larsen (MN State FFA Advisor) to travel over to Parkers Prairie, Minnesota, for their chapter banquet. I was honored to help the Parkers Prairie FFA Chapter celebrate their 50th anniversary as a chapter. As soon as we walked through the doors we were greeted by 50 years of history in the form of pictures, awards, trophies, old jackets and chapter scrapbooks. Before the program began, I got to meet with members of the community who were alumni of the chapter. They told me stories about receiving their state degrees, serving as chapter officers and about how their FFA jacket was still tucked away in the closet. It was amazing to see all that history, through people and pictures, in one room. I even had the pleasure to present the American FFA Degree to the parents of Kaylyn Arvidson, who was not able to attend National Convention last fall or the banquet, because she is in the United States Air Force. Her mother told the audience that she had said that being in the Air Force and receiving her American Degree were two things she worked incredibly hard to accomplish. I was proud to hand her Kaylyn’s degree and pin, which she very much deserved.

Towards the end of the evening, the chapter officers gave out gift certificates to anyone who could answer trivia questions about the chapter. Surprisingly, many of the questions like who received the first American Degree from Parkers Prairie and who the first female FFA member of the chapter was – were people attending the banquet! Needless to say, they got the question right! ;) I felt so blessed to be a part of the evening and want to extend another CONGRATULATIONS to the Parkers Prairie FFA Chapter for 50 great years of FFA.

Now, my travels are taking me to the west coast for another partnership tour in California.

God Bless,

Hannah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home