National Officers' Blog

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Paul's National FFA Week

National FFA Week!!
What an incredible week!? I have had the most amazing National FFA Week that I could ever ask for. I flew into Kentucky on Monday and had a jam packed week full of enthusiastic students, great community support, and lots of fun with Dr. Pete!

The first day I spent time at Jessamine County schools with some awesome students and community supporters. We were also joined by members from the Bluegrass, Licking River, Big Sandy, and Kentucky River regions as well as U of K Collegiate FFA. On Tuesday I spent time at Nelson County high school and the day was awesome. I got to see some really cool skits from FFA camp and put on a couple workshops. We joined by the Lincoln Trail, Northern KY, and Lake Cumberland Regions. I also spent some time at New Haven and Kennedy Metro Middle Schools. Nelson County does FFA Week in style!

The Next day I traveled to Marshall County High School! Now this place had some excited students. They even made some really cool signs for the day in their ag classes! The Purchase and Pennyrile regions as well as some great Murray State University students came over too. We had some fun all day at Marshall! Next I headed to Logan County where we had some awesome games of cornhole and even some smores! I got to be there for their Chapter Degree Ceremony…some cool stuff! The Barren River and Green River regions came over to Logan for an afternoon of fun! I had dinner with the Kentucky Young Farmers Association and the one and only 2006-2007 National FFA Vice President Coty Back and Kentucky state staff Dr. Pete, Mr. Lucas, and Mr. Chaliff!

On the final day I spent the day with students from Warren East High School! We ate at Theresa’s Restaurant with Warren Central and Greenwood high school and even some pretty awesome people from Western Kentucky University. To wrap up the day I spoke at the Kentucky Young Farmers Association luncheon.

Kentucky FFA thanks for making my week one that I will never forget. Between hanging out with the coolest camp director around, Dr. Pete, to having a grand time with Kentucky FFA members, it was a week I will never forget! We had us a big time in Kentucky!

1 Comments:

At October 22, 2009 at 3:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What national region am i in?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home