National Officers' Blog

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Paul's Indiana FFA State Convention

Indiana FFA State Convention
It felt so great to be coming “home”… or at least Indiana will be my home for the next couple years of college. I met so many students who go to school not too far from Notre Dame so hopefully I will get to go to their chapter, district, and state events in the future!

I was picked up at the airport by Mrs. Cain and four members from the Rushville FFA chapter. They were some fun girls to spend time with and we had some good laughs on the way to Purdue. We may have drove in a few circles but we made it just fine. Apparently I may not be the best navigator of the road.



When I arrived at convention I saw the state officers and watched the first session. That night the State executive committee as well as some members from Shenandoah FFA and Ms. Geisler invited me to a local diner that was once featured on the Food Network. They are famous for serving a hamburger with peanut butter in it. That doesn’t sound too great, but it is really good. I liked it at least!



The next day I spent time going around convention and meeting members. I also sat in at the delegate luncheon and had a great conversation with Marissa who actually lives about 15 minutes from my college. I also talked with Amanda who was the District President right around Notre Dame. I watched some sessions and chatted with some FFA members around the hotel and convention. Again that night we went back to the famous pea nut butter hamburger place. Ms. Geisler and I chatted about life and enjoyed some great curly fries. The night before the exec committee as well as the state officer candidates and I all signed a menu and hung it up on the wall next to all the others.



On Wednesday I delivered a workshop with about 200 students and a keynote as well. The convention was a great time. I was sad that it was my last state convention, but I couldn’t have picked a better one to end on. Thanks Indiana FFA!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home