National Officers' Blog

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Paul's thoughts -- Go USA!

A while back while sitting in an airport an event occurred that I will never forget. I started a casual conversation with a gentleman who had done more good for those around him in a few years than most do in a lifetime. I listened to stories of his life and about the many times he had risked his life for those around him. I heard about the preparation he went through and the tough times he faced along the way. I listened to him recall the times where he just wished he could see his family and the times where he couldn’t seem to feel like he ever did enough. One of his stories was so powerful that I will never look at doing good for those around us the same way again. I would share it with you now, but I may save it for another day. Keep on the lookout…


The man I met was a soldier in the United States Army and one who had risked his life time and time again for a nation he loved so much and for people he has never even met…


That day got me thinking of how blessed we all are to live in a nation where we have people who are willing to give their all for us to have the freedoms and the lives that we do. These men and women are the epitomy of servant leadership and we all should follow their examples. Don’t ever for a second forget how lucky you are to live in this nation. Take some time everyday to reflect on the blessings we all have and how proud we all should be of the red, white, and blue…

Go USA!!








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home