National Officers' Blog

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Adventures of Alex: Partnership Visits, North Carolina and Team Time

The last two weeks can be summed up by one word: blessed.

I’ve been to The Windy City, Motor City, The City of Oaks and the home of the 2010 Final Four Tournament (GO GREEN! GO WHITE!).




One of my favorite experiences throughout my recent travels was attending the North Carolina State Soils Banquet at Bunn High School. The North Carolina State Officers – Carrie, Caroline, Amanda, Alex, Jacob and Robert – did a phenomenal job! The food was amazing even though I had to ask someone what the little deep fried breads were (hush puppies). And I had a blast interacting with all the chapters who were competing the next day! The Western Harnett FFA Chapter was nice enough to let me sit by them for dinner and I had so much fun getting to know them and singing karaoke to the live entertainment.



Check out some pictures from my Partnership Visits with BASF and the soils banquet!









This week I’ve had the chance to hang out with my teammates while training for NLCSO with emotional intelligence expert Ernie Mendez. It has been so nice to reconnect with them, hear about their travels and listen to their stories about all the awesome students they have met. Here at my top five highlights from training so far:

1. Getting Cold Stone ice cream with Randa as our pre-dinner “appetizer” on Sunday night
2. Talking to super-excited Chase in the soccer-mom van on our trip back to the Wingate
3. Hearing about Bethany’s travels to Hawaii and lost baggage fiasco
4. Learning to swing dance with the master of moves, Levy
5. Looking forward to spending three weeks of my summer with Chelsea presenting NLCSO

Have a Happy Easter and stay tuned for Idaho’s convention in just a week and a half!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home