National Officers' Blog

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Bethany's Blessings- Maine State Convention

WELCOME to MAINE
From May4 thru May 8, I got to meet some of the most incredible FFA members from the Maine FFA Association. 163 members and guests came to Bangor, ME and competed on the University of Maine campus in CDEs. My time with the Maine members was AWESOME!



Chapter I Got to Visit

*Presque Island Ironically, where my roommate at K-State grew-up! They have an incredible school farm, complete with a production line to produce apple cider
*Easton Took me to see my 1st moose, taught me about fiddleheads, introduced me to Tim Horton's coffee, and entertained me on our bus ride to state convention!
*Ashland Home of Maine's Agriscience teacher of the year, Mrs. Ward
*Fort Fairfield My friends Matthew, 1st place creed speaker, and Issac, 2nd place prepared speaking, are from here. They're great!
Adventures in Maine
*Saw a moose
*Met the lumberjacks off of the t.v. show "American Loggers"
*Ate Maine Lobster
*Drank Moxie for the first time (probably the ONLY time...lol)
*Toured University of Maine
*Could see Canada from the road
*Visited a potato farm and saw a potato house
*Went on an epic roadtrip to Vermont and New Hampshire




Congrats to the 10-11 State Officers, Lee Ann and Kelsey!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home