National Officers' Blog

Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Adventures of Alex: Mississippi State Convention!



Mississippi… my second, slightly more southern, WAY hotter home.

I can’t even begin to tell you how much fun I had hanging out in the land of alligators, water moccasins and panthers (I know, I didn’t believe them at first either)!

I could write about my five days in the homeland of Oprah forever, but I figured I’d lose my readers after the first 1,000 words. So here’s a snapshot of my trip in my very own, Jay Leno- like Top Ten list.

ALEX’S TOP TEN MISSISSIPPI MOMENTS

1. Hanging out with the over 500 Mississippi FFA members in attendance at chapter fun night, the dance and in the holding room

2. Going to dinner at Barnhills with the Carthage FFA chapter and learning all about swimming with alligators and doing flips off houses

3. Snagging dinner at Obys with the Pine Grove FFA chapter while taking about sports and quoting movies

4. Watching a few of the Mississippi State Officers – Justin, Meagan, Austin, and Cody – advisors, and members entertain the crowd with the help of Dr. Jim Wand and a little hypnosis

5. Playing a fierce night game of spoons and ending up on top of a cast iron patio table, fighting for the last spoon with Justin Blair (I still have a bruise)

6. Witnessing the Jr. State Officers – Kayla, Cody, Zach, Kaylee and Triston – lead… I mean ROCK an entire session of convention

7. Listening to inspirational, heartfelt retiring addresses from Justin, Meagan, Tory, Austin and Kayla

8. Hosting the talent show and kicking things off with Mississippi’s rendition of the JK Wedding Dance

9. Teaching chapters the Lead Out Loud dance – the Nationwide phenomenon

10. Eating my first crawfish (it was fried and on a sandwich)

It is hard to boil so much fun and so many memories down into just ten moments.
Want to see more?! Check out these pictures and over 100 more on my Facebook page!











0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home