National Officers' Blog

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Randa's Journey- The power of Impact




Hello friends!

IMPACT- One of the greatest opportunities we have each and every minute to truly change someone else's life. After spending the year traveling all accross the country I have had the blessing of meeting many people who have shared with me their stories of impact. These friends come from all walks of life and each with a different story to tell. When asked to name someone who impacted them, here's what you said :)



My Dad (Brian Bachman) has impacted me more than anyone else. He passed away when I was 5 but I know that he is still with me in everything that I do. Whenever I need some advise I just listen to my heart and I know that he and God will direct me in the right path. There are many of things that I do just for the pure fact that I know it was something that he always wanted to do but never got the opportunity, (like being a state officer) I just hope that he can experience alot of things through me. -Justin Bachman


My grandfather aka poppop to me (Bill Kesen)
He has impacted my life more than any other person. He is a fighter for his life and for his family. He has been battling cancer for the second time now and he still keeps strong with his faith and family. His never quit attitude has rubbed off on me ten fold. He is a man i will always hope to be like and he continues to impact me every time I see him.-Brandon Walker



Mine would have to be my Advisor, Mr. Fuller. Fuller was one of the first people that really got me hooked on FFA when I was a freshman. When I was lost and was looking for a role model he showed up even when I wasnt in his class and I in no way looked like I could be turned into something positive. He went through alot of personal challenges when he was younger but he focused on serving people and he has stuck with that focus ever since. He served as not only a teacher but a mentor and a best friend. Whether it was helping me with class, working with me in the greenhouse, or even driving me home from school when I did not have a ride, he always and still teaches and shows me what true servant leadership is all about. Without Mr. Fuller, there is no way I would be close to where I am today or where I want to go. –Jared Biciolis

Well someone that has changed my life is my best friend brian he has given me the will to keep going even though life is hard for me right and i don’t know what i would do with out him. –Nick Bassett

It's so good to hear from you and I think this sounds like a great idea! God has definitely impacted my life more than anything or anyone else! I wouldn't be alive if it weren't for the grace of God creating me. Everytime I struggle or fall flat on my face, He picks me up again. It doesn't matter how many times I totally mess things up, He will ALWAYS show me mercy and grace. He is the only one who can totally forget all of the wrongs I have done. When I feel like my world is caving in, He supports me. He is my rock and place of shelter. People may disappoint me, I may disappoint others, and I might feel all alone at times but as long as I have His love in my heart, my life is so much more fulfilled than it ever could have been without Him! He gave His life for mine and for that I will always be thankful and I'll never be able to repay :)- Amy Jo Frost

The person who has had the biggest impact on me lately didn't do anything all that special. They didn't save a child from a fire or leap buildings in a single bound, they were simply just there. I had been going through some rough times and this person was there for me to talk to, there to listen when things got tough, and they were a shoulder to cry on in the really bad times.
Sometimes we make the biggest impact without even knowing it. We can change others lives by just being a good Christian friend and being there when they need us the most.- Jeremy Fair

I would have to say my sister Laney, over the years she has been my biggest role model and best friend. Her accomplishments and successes in school and in FFA made me want to get involved too! Some siblings want to be different than the oldest and do their own thing but I wanted to be just like her! She encouraged me to continually try harder and the competitive sister edge made me work harder in contests like parly pro! I also look up to her because she has such a strong moral compass, faith, and loving personality. No matter what it is, she can find a way to have fun with it. Without her example, I truly believe I wouldn't be here today. -Emmy Kratz

Through all of these stories the underlying theme is that ANYONE, ANYWHERE can leave an IMPACT. Know that you can make that difference because you have purpose just simply add in that willingness to serve.

When asked about someone who has impacted me..well that's easy because it's each one of YOU! Thank you for sharing your lives, changing my world and be sure to know how much influence you have!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home