National Officers' Blog

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Randa's Journey- Lousiana FFA Convention!

Hello Friends!

I just had the wonderful opportunity to spend a couple of days with the Louisiana FFA Association during their state convention held in Alexandria, LA! There are simply not enough words to fully express how wonderful of a time I had in Louisiana! It was pretty exciting to see these outstanding members in action. Whether we were recognizing star winners, hearing retiring addresses or watching some rockin talent Louisiana FFA definitely had it going on. My week started off with non other than convention prep while the state officers practiced and rehearsed for the upcoming week. Their hard work paid off as they started convention with tons of energy and excitement. To be out in the stands and feel the energy from the crowd I couldn't help but to be completely impressed with the state officers and their presentation. We heard from speakers such as Mark Mayfield and Michael Danna but of course those retiring addresses will always leave an impact. No matter where I was during any point of convention I always felt right at home. I saw some amazing card tricks from Michael, shared jokes with Saydie and even learned some sweet dance moves from Billy and Abi, oh yes this week will be one I will never forget!

On the last night of convention I was fortunate enough to participate in reflections with the Ponchatoula FFA chapter where we shared our journey throughout the FFA. I was truly reminded how much this organization and the people leave a mark on others. Every single individual in that room shared how a classmate had motivated them and for that they are eternally grateful. You don't have to be famous to change a life or win some award, we have simply but to care and be that example. Well I must admit that after meeting the Lousiana state officers and members I was again shown the power of impact. Thank you for leaving a huge influence on me because I am certainly a better person for getting to meet y'all!

A special thank you to Tess, Jake, Bethany, Sarah, Josh, Kadie, Jesse, Kyle, Cooper and Alyssa for leaving such a great impact on my life. Know that I'm here if you ever need anything! Also, Dr.Mayeux I appreciate you making my week incredible and for allowing me to experience the Cajun life!


Some talented members shared their skills during our workshop!
The Ponchatoula FFA chapter-Thank you for everything :)

The amazing retired officers, I'm so proud!
Dane has some sweet dance moves, such a privilege getting to meet him.

Chance and Chris having an awesome time.



Mr. Bailey was kind enough to take the time and show me how to make names out of wire. I haven't quite mastered it but I'm grateful to him for teaching me!




Ken Quick from New York even came down to join us!





Alexander rocking during presession!






So we may have had a lot of fun during the workshop.
















There they are! Ten amazing state officers!









The state officer candidates preping for the test.










Josh and Kyle during reflections and showing us how we can lead out loud.













My first crackling and Boudin...REAL Cajun food!

















Convention practice...lots of hard work.















The state officer girls! Y'all rock at life.




CONGRATULATIONS to the 2010-2011 Louisiana FFA state officer team!! You are some incredible individuals and I have no doubt that you will lead this organization well. Best of luck and I'll see you soon!

1 Comments:

At June 8, 2010 at 10:25 PM , Anonymous Billy Martin said...

Randa I miss you, and it sounds like you had some pretty amazing dance teachers, hope to see you soon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home