National Officers' Blog

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Bethany's Blessings-New School Year




i have always been delighted at a prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start with perhaps a big of magic waiting somewhere behind the morning. ~Joseph Priestly
(chase the cross,
love Jesus,
serve Him above all else)
A week ago our team got back from retreat which kicked off National Convention Prep. Yeah, no kidding! We can't believe it ourselves...convention is in t-minus 56 days! Over the last 10 months we have had too many laughs, inside jokes, and memories created with you---how we love reliving some of these stories! But we realize that as we're preparing for the BIG celebration of the year most of you are starting a new year of school with a new class schedule, new chapter officers, and maybe even a new advisor.
A good friend passed this on to me-i think it sums up some of the new freedom that we find each new school year. Most importantly, it holds the reminder to be 100% ourselves.
(Love yourself as He does)
Fresh Start
Here marks a fresh start
a new freedom for my heart
My chance at being me,
doing what I want, totally free.
And it won't be a big deal.
It's nothing like I thought,
I survived the battles I fought.
My thoughts are all gone,
like the night at down.
My soul is free of sorrow,
I'll do what I want tomorrow.
I can't be held or bound.
I will spread my wings and leave this ground.
Distraction has no control.
My life will no longer be dull.
I will have the power.
I'll pass the highest tower.
Don't try to stop me now,
'Cause you won't know how.
For I will be totally free.
And I'll be one hundred percent me!
by xOx

1 Comments:

At August 31, 2010 at 12:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bethany, I know this may sound alittle crazy but I live here in INDY where the National Convention is only weeks away. I am trying to find the best way to promote a Haunted House in Indy, called Fright Manor.
We have (in the past) handed out coupons on the circle city (street corners) advertising our haunt/s with a great reception from FFA, and (this year) have a Special Discount for all "FFA" members! Tickets can be purchased on-line with (a code) "scream" that saves $5.00 / person. Is it possible for you or someone in your group to contact me @ WolfieFMHH@att.net or call
(317)831-4146? Thank you for your time,
We also have FREE "T"shirts for FFA patrons and a celebrity (in town) on October 21st, 22nd, & 23rd.
Please check us out at http://www.frightmanor.com/ We hope that you and (ALL) FFA members enjoy their time in Indy, and come out and visit us too!
Again, Thank you for your time...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home