National Officers' Blog

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Chelsea's Travels: All Good Things Must Come to an End or Do They?





















This has been the best year of my life! Serving as a National FFA Officer has been a dream of mine since I was a junior in high school. Just the other day, I was organizing my papers and stumbled upon my application for chapter office that was completed while I was a junior at Eagleville High School. I explained that I wanted to become a chapter officer, a state officer, and a national officer. It seems like just yesterday that I was eagerly awaiting the results of the 2006 chapter elections and now I'm preparing to hang up my corduroy jacket for good.

They say, "All good things must come to an end." But when it comes to FFA I have to disagree. In fact, there is still much to do once our active membership ends. We may become Collegiate FFA members or Alumni members. As Collegiate FFA members we may attend National and State FFA Convention, compete in competitions, and recruit college classmates to assist in reaching out to prospective agriculture students. As Alumni members we may also attend National and State FFA Convention as well as the Alumni FFA Convention. We can coach and mentor FFA members and compete at the Alumni level as well.

No, not all good things come to an end. We owe it to FFA to find every way possible to give back. This organization has given me more than I could have ever dreamed to receive. It is my pledge to invest in future generations of members in the same way that others have invested in me. I hope you'll do the same.

1 Comments:

At October 16, 2010 at 10:38 AM , Blogger Jessie H. said...

That's exactly why I became an FFA advisor - I didn't want my time in FFA to end, and it didn't have to! Congrats on a great year, Chelsea. You made TN proud!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home