National Officers' Blog

Sunday, February 22, 2009

YAY National FFA Week!

How could we not love an entire WEEK of fun FFA activities and the opportunity to celebrate the organization that has made a difference in the lives of millions? I’ve been thinking of why I enjoyed FFA Week so much as a high school student in Shandon FFA. What I appreciate most is that FFA Week brings people together. The 83 students (ok so it doesn’t sound like a lot, but picture the whole small town appeal :) in my high school, those in our middle and elementary schools and our community to create many experiences and memories to be enjoyed by all. From Barnyard Olympics, and a petting zoo, to a staff appreciation lunch and elementary school visits everyone in our chapter was involved in the preparation and fun!

This week I look forward to learning the long lasting traditions and innovative new ideas that are part of FFA Week in… ARKANSAS!! Throughout the week I will join Arkansas FFA members as they Step Up and Stand Out by coordinating events in their own chapters and attend banquets to announce the funds they’ve raised for Arkansas FFA Foundation! I should also note that this is my first adventure to the South-I’m more than excited really!!!!! I’ve heard that I need to try fried catfish? … Alright!! Also I’ll be bringing my traveling gnome… he is fantastic and excited as well. Have a wonderful National FFA WEEK!!!!

-Nessie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home