National Officers' Blog

Monday, April 6, 2009

Paul's Tennessee State FFA Convention

Paul's Tennessee State FFA Convention Travels!

Tennessee convention was simply amazing! I was so blown away by the professionalism and the excitement from the students. My teammate, Riley, and I both had the chance to go to convention and it was quite an experience. I arrived on Saturday, March 28th and immediately met the great state officers from Tennessee. That was quite a night! I learned that if the longhorn sign is given and then pointed towards you, it is definitely time to run! Caleb and Kris taught me this one! I also met the state officer candidates and the nominating committee members. Later that night I got to spend some time with my good friends Cody and Jessica as well as Kim, Stuart, Wesley, and Sam.



The next day was full of even more excitement. For the first time ever the Tennessee FFA State Convention had a kick off night at Dolly Parton’s Dixie Stampede! It was amazing. The state officers dropped in from the ceiling on a gazebo and delivered a powerful start to an amazing night. Here I met some excited FFA members and got to know some great state officer candidates even better. I left that night wishing that there was a way for all 20 to be elected. They were all so great!


The convention started Monday morning with a bang. From the retiring keynotes to the career development events, I really enjoyed the start of convention. Monday night was a wonderful hypnotist show that had the students rolling. Tuesday continued the convention with excited members and some fun memories.



I will never forget the memories I made in Tennessee, nor will I forget the retiring addresses that the team gave. The new state officer team is a great group that I know will do a great job for Tennessee FFA. Mr. Cole, Mr. Gass, Peyton, Doug, Caleb, Jeffrey, Colton, Kye, Kris, and Jesse- thanks for making this a convention that I will never forget!
-PDM


3 Comments:

At April 7, 2009 at 8:39 PM , Anonymous Sean Johnson said...

Paul,
Thanks for comming to the Tennessee FFA Convention. It was a blast thank you for stepping up for FFA


Sean Johnson
Lebanon FFA Sentinel.
Lebanon Tennessee

 
At April 16, 2009 at 4:13 PM , Blogger Paul Moya said...

Sean,

I loved the convention man! Thanks for having me. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did! I hope to be back one day.

-PDM

 
At April 28, 2009 at 6:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paul-
The students at North Knox were so excited to see themselves on the National FFA website! They are still talking about your card tricks :) I am so glad to see them so pumped up about FFA, that is thanks to the State Officers, you and Riley!!!
Mary Ellen
Student Teacher, North Knox

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home