National Officers' Blog

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Hannah's Happenings - Nebraska State FFA Convention

Hello there! :) This past week I had the chance to go to the Nebraska State Convention in Lincoln, NE. The gentleman I sat next to on my flight in was on his way home from Iraq and made sure that I was aware that Nebraska had more cows than people. I didn't think it sounded like a bad thing at all! In fact, it made me rather excited to get to know some of Nebraska FFA's 6,500 members.

As soon as I arrived on April Fool's Day, I felt immediately at home. The small town, community atmosphere of the convention was extremely comforting, not to mention fun! I shared my hotel floor with about 60 members of the Hartington FFA Chapter and got to know their chaparones (guarding the center of the hallway) very well. Haha! On the first night we all enjoyed a hilarious hypnotist show by Crimsom, which proved that hypnotism is not only helpful to your physical well-being, but it also provides hours on entertainment and many blackmail pictures for all of your friends ;)


For example, Chelsea (shown below) gave her chapter a very good laugh when she was hypnotized from the audience!



The rest of my convention time was spent watching the state officers: McKenzie, Susie, Lauren, Blake, Ricky and Jill run some sweet convention sessions and give their inspirational retiring addresses. I also got to spend some time with members in my workshops and the state officer candidates in their "holding room". All in all, I really enjoyed my first trip to the Cornhusker State and can't wait to head back in June for their NLCSO!

I rounded out my weekend with attending one of my best friend's wedding and making my way back to Indianapolis for NLCSO training with my teammates. Now, I'm headed home to Ohio for some rest and relaxation (yeah right!) before hitting the road again.

Until next time...

God Bless!

Hannah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home