National Officers' Blog

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Riley Mississippi State Convention

After some time at home I was excited to get back on the road and head to Columbus, Mississippi for the MS State Convention. After getting picked up at the airport I was taken to the convention site to meet the state officer teams. One unique thing about Mississippi is there are two state officer teams, one for the High School students and one for the Jr. FFA Association. It was great to meet all of the state officers and get ready for the week.





During the first day of convention I presented two workshops on Influence and Character, and gave my Keynote address. Thank you Mississippi for being great audiences during all of my presentations.




The next day I got to spend the day hanging out with FFA members from the Sumrall, South Delta, Bruce, and many more chapters. That evening I was given the special privilege of emceeing the talent show. Some of the members at the convention requested that I be funny, so I pulled out a joke book, some skits, recruited the help of FFA members and got comedic shoes on! It was a blast as we gave the skits, sang some songs, and did our best to entertain the members. A big thanks goes out to all of those who helped me during that session.


I was also fortunate to hang out with Elio Chiarelli and Christy Windham Chiarelli, both past national officers. It was great to share stories from the road, and get some tips about travel!


As I left MS I could only reflect on the AMAZING experience the convention was. Thank you all for making this a great convention.

-Riley

2 Comments:

At June 13, 2009 at 3:43 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Riley, I am the mom of Dee from Bruce. After I met Hannah to pick Dee up the last day of the convention, she did not quit talking about you and your accomplishments. You really impressed her. Thanks for being a super guy to our kids and Hannah. God bless! Hope we get to see you again. Barbara Franklin

 
At June 13, 2009 at 7:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

heyy riley!! this is kayla walters i was the jr state treasurer when we met...ha and now i am proudly serving as our jr state president!!:) lol i wanted to thank you again for coming to our convention and helping making it a success....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home