National Officers' Blog

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

New York NLCSO

New York NLCSO…Game time- woo!

Camp-O was one of the neatest places I have been all year. Not to mention I got to spend time with state officers from 7 states in the Northeast and it was a great week no doubt! The students were incredibly passionate about their roles and soaked up the information so fast. These guys and girls have it going on that is for sure.

We planned workshops, grew as teammates, and enjoyed some great things around camp-o including the great race and the legendary high ropes course. I also had some amazing NY pizza and the best ice cream in NY at a place called Wishys. Ms. T and Jamie from NY took Laila and I there and later on in the week Massachusetts invited us to go again. We wrapped up one of the nights with a dance where Laila and I learned some pretty sweet line dances and taught some swing dance lessons as well.

The Sos from these state made some of the best workshops I have seen all year and just blew us away in so many ways. Not only are they smart but they can also dance as we saw in the dance off battle at the conference. Outside of the conference room the camp staff took Laila and I to some sweet waterfalls and I jumped of some big rocks into the pond. It was great fun!

What a solid week I had in NY. Some memories I will never forget. Thanks for making it so special new friends!

1 Comments:

At October 25, 2009 at 7:52 PM , Anonymous Edwin Santana said...

I had a great time Paul and Laila. Thanks for making everything possible! You will always be looked upon as leaders in agriculture! Take care!
- Edwin Santana MA State Reporter

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home