National Officers' Blog

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Wyoming NLCSO


Wyoming NLCSO rocked!

We had such a blast in Wyoming! After Laila and I driving all through the mountains of Wyoming we finally arrived at our camp and got prepped for a great week. Three states were at the National Leadership Conference for State Officers including North Dakota, Montana, and of course Wyoming. The mountains were gorgeous out there and there was even a dirt shape in the side of one of the mountains that looked like an FFA emblem. It was pretty cool for sure.

We had a reflections session out on Sunset Basin that was gorgeous and Wyoming did a really cool presentation for us. Each day the state officer team showed off their skills at KFFA news broadcasting. There were some funny moments that is for sure! We also had a mean game of hacky sack and that gave the officers another chance to show off their skills.


After the week conference was over Laila, and I along with our friend Chase went around Yellowstone National Park and checked out the place. It was incredible! I have never seen anything like it. There were buffalo everywhere and some were right in the middle of the road. We pulled up and Laila could almost touch it outside the window. This is what was real crazy… we were standing waiting for Old Faithful, and I looked over to my left and standing about 12 yards away was my aunt and cousin. It was a big coincidence, but a great one. I knew she was in Wyoming, but since I didn’t have cell service we didn’t talk. It was really nice to go to dinner with them as well as my aunt’s parents. Even though I was not at home it sure felt great to be with my family. Its little moments like that when we realize how blessed we are to have people in our lives who care about us.

Wyoming, Montana, and North Dakota State officers- thanks for an experience that I will never forget!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home