National Officers' Blog

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Paul's South Carolina NLCSO

South Carolina NLCSO!




South Carolina is one cool place I will tell you that much! We stayed at one of the older hotels in the south, built in 1914, that was filled with a ton of history. We enjoyed all the great things of South Carolina and learned all about the south. For the first time in my life I had shrimp and grits -- I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into, but I think I found a new favorite food! They are delicious!

Laila and I spent a couple days setting up and getting ready state officers from Georgia, Florida, North Carolina, and the host state South Carolina to arrive. The state officers all came in on Monday night and we had a wonderful dinner at Hyman’s seafood. This is a very famous restaurant in the south and tons of celebrities love it. In fact there are name plates on the tables where different famous individuals have eaten dinner at. I sat with a few girls from Georgia and one from South Carolina at a table where Jimmy Buffet, Oprah Winfrey, and Neil Armstrong had all sat. It was a pretty sweet place!


The week of the conference was amazing. I was blown away with some great conversations that I had with different officers and I couldn’t seem to get enough of our “rodeo” or the cupid shuffle dance off! We had a couple visitors from Mosaic and Monsanto- two of the NLCSO partners. Emmanuel, a state officer from South Carolina, thanked a sponsor from Mosaic and did a great job! This guy rocks and I loved our conversations throughout the week. Carrie from NC thanked our other sponsor. It’s amazing how much talent is in those rooms during the week of the conference.


The week was filled with some action packed sessions as well as a ghost tour and game of “peg.” We also broke a new record when Bo from Georgia ate 17 packets of Smarties in one of the team challenges! It was wild! The state staff were great to and only added to the excitement of the week.
It was a great week filled with memories I will never forget! Thanks to you- the SOs from the good ol’ south!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home