National Officers' Blog

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Chelsea's Travels: FFA Week in Washington

FFA WEEK IN WASHINGTON STATE
FFA Week in Washington was a blast! The entire state is beautiful and it didn't even rain while I was there until the last hour of the last day. Is that good luck or what? Washington is notorious for their rain. Other than that, Washington grows high amounts of apples, grapes, and other crops. Learning about WA agriculture was great. Meeting WA FFA members was even better.

First stop: White River
Just trust me...this will be fun.
Larry Gossen from National FFA tag teamed Washington with me. As you can see, he had a good time!
Pizza with Sumner officers Eric, Cassandra, Jordan, Becca, Katlyn, and Tristin. Michelle and Victoria, WA State Officers made several stops with us, including this stop in Sumner.
There's always time for cupcakes.
Group picture with a Sumner group who participated in my workshop.
These twins were so cute, I had to take a picture with them.
Check out the spear Rochester gave me. We took tours of the program and met parents at a dinner.
Centralia FFA officers and advisor
Ranier FFA showing off their very cool chapter t shirt
Common sight in Washington
Quick chapter officer workshop at Prosser FFA
Grandview FFA
Washington State University Experiment Station
They focus on irrigation systems and grow other crops like blueberries, hops, and flowers as well.
THE SEATTLE SPACE NEEDLE! It was so tall. (Good time to note that I'm a tiny bit terrified of heights!) It was a great view of the city and the water.
Dinner in the Space Needle with 1 of the greatest executive secretaries I've met - Jodi Monroe, her husband Rich, Mr. Gilman, and Mr. Gossen. I had fresh salmon and crab macaroni & cheese.
Mini donuts at Pike's Place
Luckily, Michelle and Victoria helped me eat them. They were good!
What's up doc?
The nation's first Starbucks. I'm not a Starbucks drinker, but it was interesting anyway.

Jodi found a friend at the market.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home