National Officers' Blog

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Paul's California State FFA Leadership Conference
















California rocks! Plain and simple!






I loved the few days I spent in California. The arena was packed with 5,000 of tomorrows' greatest leaders who were loud and proud of being in the FFA. The energy in that place was unbelievable and was such a fun group.




The first session of the conference, put on by the state officers includinding Kristen, Graham, Ryan, Marlene, Brad and Levi, was bomb.com! The opening skit had students on their feet and the officers coming in on fourwheelers, limos, cars, helicopters, and from the ceiling sure got the crowd roaring! At the opening session I took some really fun pictures and made some great friends from the Soledad FFA chapter and met Ivan and Simon who are some awesome guys. I also met 2 state officer candidates from there who I know are going to do great things in their lives. They were awesome!




The next day consisted of workshops and sessions. My teammate Nessie did her keynote in the morning which left her home state of Cali pretty proud that she was one of their own. She rocked! We had a few workshops throughout the day which gave me a lot of time to get to know some really great FFA members. My buddy Jake Schneider and I really got to know eachother as well as the Don Lugo FFA Chapter.





Monday was a day full of more action packed sessions and Nessie teamed up for a great workshop. That night I was invited by the Galt FFA chapter to dinner. We went to a buffet and played a hybrid of "musical chairs" as we ate dinner. The students and I all swithched seats everytime we left to get more food which gave me a lot of time to meet all the cool students from Galt. I was especially excited for Isaac who just qualified for National Agriscience fair. Now this guy is going places! Congrats bud! We then were entertained by the man himself- Keith Anderson at a concert.





Tuesday wrapped up convention with the election of new oficers and retirement of the 2008-2009 team. It was a bittersweet session, but one filled with excitement for a new year of excellence in Cali. I also had the chance to spend time with some past state officers from California whom I have known over the past few years in my FFA career.





Thanks for making my time in California such a great one and I cant wait to go back one day! Keep it real Cali!








-PDM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home