National Officers' Blog

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Riley Iowa State Convention

During April 15th through 18th I found myself in Des Moines, Iowa for the State FFA Convention. I had a blast hanging out with FFA members, presenting workshops, and taking in all of the convention activities.


Right after arriving I was picked up by members of the Vinton-Shellsburg FFA chapter and treated to dinner. It was fun sitting there and talking to Lexy, Amy, Riley, and Emily!


As the convention got started my first activity was a workshop! I was a little surprised when I walked to the room, and it was filling up with water! A leak had sprung above it, and it was leaking out of the lights and running into the hallway. After getting relocated I got everything set up and had an amazing time during the workshop.


The first general session got started with a bang, Literally! At Iowa they don't just settle for good sound, and big screens, no they go crazy and have Pyro and Fireworks! During one of the sessions I found myself standing a little too close to the stage and almost got my eyebrows singed off!


During one evening, we had a fun night out at the state fairgrounds. There were blow-up games, music, and good food. I have to admit that I had a great time racing people through the obstacle course. By the time we left I was completely give out!

The rest of the week was filled with hanging out with the state officers, attending sessions (away from the pyro!), and just taking it all in.


Friday night, my last night in Iowa, the outgoing state officers treated me to some ice cream! It was a perfect ending to an amazing week!


Thanks Iowa for showing this Texas boy a good time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home