National Officers' Blog

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Michigan Region II Camp!

Michigan Region II Camp!

Region II camp was awesome! There were 125 members and guest that attended and I got the opportunity to hang out with them for a day and a half. Wow! It was so fun to just chill out with students and get to know them and who they are. I got to get to know people like Derek, Rose, Cody, Sondra and J.W. We had time to hang out, play basketball, volleyball, flag football and climb a rock wall called “Goliath.” I was able to do a workshop about Values, investing in your values and finding a way to live with purpose. I was also able to give my keynote address “Change the Headlines.” The regional officer team did an excellent job putting on camp. They worked so hard to make camp a success and it for sure was! I am so glad that I was able to meet the members of Region II. They really made an impact on my life! Here are so pictures from the weekend!


1 Comments:

At May 7, 2009 at 8:57 AM , Anonymous Melissa Hart said...

Hey Laila,
I can testify that those kids at the Michigan FFA Region II camp absolutely loved you! They had nothing but great things to say about you and are so thankful you were able to make time in your busy schedule to come to their event. Even my husband who has no background with FFA and hasn't been all that excited about it in the past came home from the evening dinner where you spoke and said you were one great young lady! He loved your talk, especially when it came to values and purity. Thanks for sharing that with our students, they are in great need of that positive reinforcement and I'm so proud to have my children involved in a program where service and morals are empasized. Thanks again Laila...Michigan loves you!
Melissa Hart
Mom of FFA students and Freelance writer

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home