National Officers' Blog

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Hannah's Happenings - Ohio FFA Convention!

On Thursday, April 30th both Laila and I made our way to Columbus, Ohio, to dig in to the Ohio FFA Convention. We spent our first night in the Buckeye State visiting some friends on the campus of The Ohio State University. Go Bucks! The only downside to being back on campus was driving past The Shoe (our football stadium) and realizing that I don’t have season football tickets for this fall. :( Guess I’ll just have to watch my Buckeyes on TV this year.


Friday morning started out bright and early with Laila and I’s workshop where I had the chance to catch up with friends from camp this past summer and hang out with chapters I haven’t seen in years. After grabbing pizza with my home chapter, the Hillsdale FFA, we made our way over to the first convention session and listened to the hilarious Ed Gerety. Our afternoon workshop was particularly fun for me because for the first time ever, my parents were there watching! Although dad felt the need to make faces at me the whole time, it was still really nice to have them there for support.


Later that evening, we avoided the tornadoes swarming over the convention hall, and attended the Past State Officer Reunion. Last but not least, we watched Michael Peterson wow the audience with his message and his music.


The following morning, Laila and I rounded out the convention with the last two sessions which included the career development event winners and the state FFA degrees. Also, a big congrats goes out to Jeremy and the new 2009-2010 Ohio State Officer Team!

All in all, it was so good to be home and finally see some familiar faces! I had such a good time catching up with old friends and seeing past teammates from over the years. Plus, I got to teach Laila how to properly do an “O-H!” :)


The next stop on my journey is the Cory-Rawson FFA Banquet in northwest Ohio and then on to the New Hampshire State FFA Convention. It’s sure to be a busy May!

As promised...
Top Played Songs:
“Kiss a Girl” – Keith Urban
“Then” – Brad Paisley
"Sideways" - Dierks Bentley
“Six Feet Under the Stars” – All Time Low
“Jessie’s Girl” – Rick Springfield
Book I can’t get my nose out of:
None at the moment, but I plan to start another book by Stephanie Meyer called “The Host” very soon.

God Bless,

Hannah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home